On OHIO’S 180TH FIGHTER WING BASE
The Stinger 5K is an exclusive run/walk at the 180th Fighter Wing, Ohio National Guard, Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport. This one-of-a-kind event features a route that includes a start/finish near the 9/11 Memorial, runs past the fighter wing parking pads and onto the Stinger tarmac.
This is your chance to be part of the energy on our 180th Fighter Wing base as they welcome the public for this family-friendly event. A special address from the Base Commander, a flyby to start the race (weather and mission dependent), kids activities, and more are all planned for this day of remembrance.
180TH FIGHTER WING, OHIO NATIONAL GUARD
The 180th Fighter Wing is home to the Ohio National Guard’s 1,000 Stinger Airmen. Flying the multi-role F-16 Fighting Falcon, their mission is to provide 24/7 protection of the homeland with their premier Aerospace Control Alert mission, providing combat Airmen and capabilities to combatant commanders around the globe, as well as providing expertise and manpower in Defense Support to Civil Authorities in situations such as natural disasters or, most recently, during the COVID pandemic.
To learn more about the 180th Fighter Wing, visit: www.180fw.ang.af.mil
Facebook @180th Fighter Wing
Start Time: 9:00am
Course Open: 1 hour
Maximum Field: 1,600
Minimum Age: 6
- Comfortable, soft, unisex t-shirt
- Finisher medal
- Overall & age group winners
- Online Results
- Shareable Photos
- and more…
- Top Male & Female Overall
- Top Masters Male & Female
- registration ends Sunday, august 16TH to allow for the completion of background checks
- BASE AND MEMORIAL ACCESS ALLOWED FOR SECURITY CLEARED REGISTRANTS AND VOLUNTEERS ONLY
- STROLLERS ARE ALLOWED FOR PARENTS TO PUSH SMALL CHILDREN DURING THE RACE
Members of the Ann Arbor Track Club receive an automatic discount off registration for this event during checkout. If you do not see the discount applied, please contact your individual club to make sure your membership up-to-date/active.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK
All individuals who wish to participate and/or attend the 9/11 memorial race, who are not military-affiliated, must consent to a criminal history/background check. At a minimum:
- Individuals must submit their full name, date of birth, and a copy of their driver’s license number or state ID number so the check can be accomplished.
- Individuals under the age of 16 will only need to submit a name for accountability purposes.
Early Packet Pickup days, times and locations will be emailed to all registrants prior to the race, and published on the event registration page.
Race Day Packet Pickup — TBD
- Ample space will be available in the main parking lot of Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport. Follow the signs for event parking, then a shuttle bus will transport you to the 180th base.
A VALID PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED AT SECURITY CHECK, PRIOR TO BOARDING BUS