As a leader in the road race management industry, Run Toledo has developed a comprehensive 11-point safety plan for returning to racing responsibly amidst the COVID-19 concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all participants, staff, volunteers and community partners remain as safe as possible while attending the event.
This plan addresses core aspects of road races. Each event will then develop a more specific safety plan based on its unique venue, type of event, number of participants, and impact on local health resources. These steps may be modified at any time, but will be communicated to registrants prior to race day.
As of June 2nd, the following safety measures will be implemented for all in-person events:
• Self-check temperature for illness before attending and stay home if symptoms are present.
• All events will be held outdoors and in the open for proper social distancing.
• Participants are to run/walk without infringing on others’ personal space as much as possible.
• Proper social distancing will be maintained.
• For most events, virtual options will be available for anyone who may develop symptoms, or feel uncomfortable attending with others.
Run Toledo will stay in contact with all local health entities to make sure that we stay abreast of current COVID-19 updates and protocols.