Through coordination with the City of Toledo and the Lucas County Health Department, we’re implementing safety procedures to allow for running in person on Thanksgiving day.
We will be running the Dave’s Turkey Chase 5K events this year using wave starts. Choose your start time during registration, or update/confirm it by visiting your runsignup.com/profile and managing the registration for this event.
You are encouraged to carry your own hydration, as no water stops will be on the 5K course.
Face masks will be required to be worn over mouth and nose during all non-competition times — including at packet pickup, before the race, in corrals, and immediately after the race. If you do not feel comfortable following these guidelines, please refrain from attending.
Are you ready to race or volunteer to support the Cherry Street Mission Ministries again? We’re ready to welcome you to a safe and enjoyable environment in Downtown Toledo.
Our permits are in place, we have approval, and we are planning to run this year’s Dave’s Turkey Chase 5K in person, as safely as possible. Registrants will be required to follow all of the event guidelines, without exception, in order to participate. Deferral and/or refund options are available prior to race day. Any failure to follow set rules during event will result in disqualification and removal from the event without a refund — no exceptions.
As we near the race date, we are prepared to react to any changing requirements from our local health department, or city and state officials.
- Communicate Safety Procedures
- Flexible Registration Options
- Screening & Declaration (to be completed at packet pickup)
- Multi-day (4) Outdoor Packet Pickup (face covering required)
- 2,600 Person Field Limit
- No Registration
- Face Coverings (no exceptions)
- Staff, Volunteers
- Runners Pre/Post Race, Start Corrals, After Finishing
- Social Distancing (self & physical barriers)
- Staggered Wave Start
- No Spectators at Start/Finish Line
- 26 Wave Starts (60 seconds apart/maximum 100 per wave)
- Multiple Start Times
- Staggered Arrivals
- Separated, Safe Staging Zone
- No Anthem, or Announcements
- 6ft Self-spacing of Participants
- Face Coverings Worn Until Crossing Mat Onto Course
- Runners Encouraged to Carry Own Hydration
- No Aid Stations/Water Stops on 5K
- Self-recycling / No Littering
- Face Covers Optional
FINISH LINE & POST RACE
- No Post-race Ceremonies
- Runners Must Exit Finish Area Immediately
- Results Published Live Online
- Individually Packaged Refreshments & Bottled Water Available Exiting Finish Area
- Face Covering Required Until Off Site